Swiss bank UBS has opted for a centralized system for managing regulatory data, the bank’s Tony Chau said.
Chau is now executive director and lead architect in UBS’s CTO office, handling tech strategy at the bank. However, he was until recently the chief architect for UBS’s regulatory programs.
Chau says his motto then was, “Try [to] publish once to consume many times.” This is why UBS chose to build a data lake—a concept that “was fashionable a few years ago,” Chau said—where the bank could
Julie Lerner joins to talk about the hemp market and PanXchange's launch of a hemp exchange.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Plato’s Planned Platform Could Serve as Precursor to European Consolidated Tape
- Consolidated Tape Will Not Make Data Cheaper
- Bloomberg Expands Regulatory Reporting Suite with RegTek Buy
- Blockchain Could Unlock Value of Real Estate as an Asset Class
- The Secret Source: Machine Learning and Open Source Come Together