Swiss bank UBS has opted for a centralized system for managing regulatory data, the bank’s Tony Chau said.
Chau is now executive director and lead architect in UBS’s CTO office, handling tech strategy at the bank. However, he was until recently the chief architect for UBS’s regulatory programs.
Chau says his motto then was, “Try [to] publish once to consume many times.” This is why UBS chose to build a data lake—a concept that “was fashionable a few years ago,” Chau said—where the bank could
The founder and CEO of Imperative Execution looks at how trade execution is changing and what that means for the buy side.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2019: All the Winners
- Mizuho Finds New Ways to “Activate” its Data Using AI
- Barclays Nearly Finished with First Major Quantum Computing Experiment
- Banks, Asset Managers Turn to Web Scraping to Generate Alpha
- The AI Ethics Dilemma: Banks Find a Fine Line Between New Tech and 'What's Right'