While some trading firms are willing to spend whatever it takes to achieve lower latency for market data, the number of firms in a position to do so has fallen as new distribution technologies such as microwave networks and high-bandwidth fiber connectivity increase the cost of keeping pace with the fastest traders, according to panelists at an event organized by datacenter provider Telx.
"Firms are still spending money to get faster between markets," said Andrew Kusminsky, chief operating offic
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- The Great Fintech Con(version)
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit