Though Börse Stuttgart is not disclosing terms of the deal, it says in a note announcing the acquisition that a “seven-digit figure changed hands in the transaction.”
Sowa was set up in 2013 as a spin-off from European Union-backed research initiative to develop data extraction and decision-support infrastructures for financial markets. Sowa pre-filters Twitter data using between 20 and 40 financial markets-related criteria, driven by algorithms based on machine learning and human expertise.
Bryan Cross, who heads UBS Asset Management's QED group, joins to discuss alternative data and AI.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Problem Solver: Paul Bari, Nordea
- JP Morgan's FX Algo Tool Launches on Bloomberg Terminal
- Refinitiv Consolidates Data Insights on China's Belt and Road Initiative
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 153: Nasdaq's Lars Ottersgård
- CAT’s Tale: How Thesys, the SROs and the SEC Mishandled the Consolidated Audit Trail