Though Börse Stuttgart is not disclosing terms of the deal, it says in a note announcing the acquisition that a “seven-digit figure changed hands in the transaction.”
Sowa was set up in 2013 as a spin-off from European Union-backed research initiative to develop data extraction and decision-support infrastructures for financial markets. Sowa pre-filters Twitter data using between 20 and 40 financial markets-related criteria, driven by algorithms based on machine learning and human expertise.
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground