Cryptocurrency transaction processor BitGo has launched a crypto asset custody service after it received a public trust license from the state of South Dakota.
The custody service lets crypto asset investors store keys for digital assets with support for more than 75 coins and tokens, multi-user accounts and institutional policy controls. As a trust, BitGo is subject to meeting capital requirements, examinations by the division of banking and annual reporting requirements.
Shahla Ali, chief
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground