London based NEX Exchange has received a majority investment from a consortium led by Oliver Hemsley, a founder and former CEO of Numis Securities.
The exchange faces competition from rival Alternative Investment Market (AIM), a sub-market of the London Stock Exchange (LSE) geared towards smaller companies. With the investment, Hemsley sees an opportunity to create a platform for small or mid-sized companies, who don’t necessarily want to go to AIM, to access capital.
“We are never going to be
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2018: All the Winners
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain