London based NEX Exchange has received a majority investment from a consortium led by Oliver Hemsley, a founder and former CEO of Numis Securities.
The exchange faces competition from rival Alternative Investment Market (AIM), a sub-market of the London Stock Exchange (LSE) geared towards smaller companies. With the investment, Hemsley sees an opportunity to create a platform for small or mid-sized companies, who don’t necessarily want to go to AIM, to access capital.
“We are never going to be
A look at what's to come at FIA Boca; Finra was named the CAT plan processor; a Waters magazine relaunch.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- A Blueprint for Alternative Data in Asset Management
- Women in Technology & Data Awards 2019: All the Winners and Why they Won
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Rising Star (End-User)—Irene Kan, TD Securities
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Vendor Partnership or Alliance Professional of the Year—Marisol Collazo, DTCC
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Legal/Compliance Professional of the Year—Miranda Morad, MarketAxess