The very smallest exchanges may still be entirely reliant on outsourcing from larger groups, but others are building their own technology, embracing mobile trading and increasingly examining the potential for artificial intelligence and distributed-ledger technology (DLT) to disrupt—and perhaps, enhance—their own tech base.
In many cases, this may also allow them to leapfrog painful and unnecessary steps in technology development that more mature exchanges have had to experience.
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2018: All the Winners
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain