Trading in cryptocurrencies has mainly been driven by retail investors, particularly on the hunt for profits from short-term, speculative transactions. Meanwhile larger institutional participation in cryptocurrency trading has been mainly kept on the sidelines due to several missing, but extremely important, features.
In order for crypto to become a true asset class, it is “absolutely required” for larger regulated institutions to be involved, says Hu Liang, co-founder and CEO at crypto-trading
The founder and CEO of Imperative Execution looks at how trade execution is changing and what that means for the buy side.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2019: All the Winners
- Mizuho Finds New Ways to “Activate” its Data Using AI
- Barclays Nearly Finished with First Major Quantum Computing Experiment
- The AI Ethics Dilemma: Banks Find a Fine Line Between New Tech and 'What's Right'
- Banks, Asset Managers Turn to Web Scraping to Generate Alpha