Several portfolio management systems companies tapped new sources of capital and plowed it into acquisitions and product development.
Advent Software, with $24 million in fresh working capital from its initial public offering in late 1995, began and ended the year with two new product releases and two acquisitions.
In February, the San Francisco-based software house acquired Data Exchange for $4.8 million in cash. Advent was primarily attracted to Data Exchange's products and competencies in
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2018: All the Winners
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain