As expected, Telerate, Inc. has acquired Toronto-based quote vendor CMQ Communications Inc. (MTR, October 1987). The purchase price was US$75 million. While both firms crow about strategic fit, Telerate's underlying motives for the deal were more defensive than offensive, and the company now seems a bit perplexed about exactly what to do with its new possession.
"Obviously the significant strategic motivation" for the deal, says Telerate vice president and general counsel Steven Rappaport, is
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side Performance Measurement and Attribution Product—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit