The distributed ledgers, most famously known for underpinning bitcoin, are all the rage; however, serious questions remain as to how they can work effectively in a capital markets context.
Panelists at this year's Waters USA conference noted a number of potential applications: settlement for syndicated loans, bonds and credit default swaps (CDSs) as well as letters-of-credit for trade finance. It's part of what Emmanual Aidoo, who runs the blockchain team at Credit Suisse, called a "race to zero
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground