The last 12 months have posed both challenges and positives for the hedge fund community. According to Hedge Fund Research, hedge fund launches are down significantly in the third quarter of 2016 (its most recent data), industry-wide fees have posted declines during the quarter, and hedge fund liquidations are "on pace for the highest number ... since the financial crisis."
But industry capital has risen to record highs, according to Hedge Fund Research, and small and mid-sized hedge funds (AUM
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse