On the morning of February 28, 2017, Amazon Web Services (AWS) experienced an outage in the US-EAST-1 Region among systems relying on its Simple Storage Service (S3) cloud offering. The event wreaked havoc on thousands of websites. The cause? A fat-finger mistake by a human in a line of code that took more servers offline than desired.
“Removing a significant portion of the capacity caused each of these systems to require a full restart,” noted Amazon in a blog post. “While these subsystems wer
Greg Skibiski joins the podcast to give his views the alternative data space and where it's going.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 132: Thasos Group’s CEO Talks Alternative Data
- SST Awards 2018 Winner's Interview – Broadridge Financial Solutions
- CBA to Issue First Blockchain Bond for World Bank
- Waters Rankings 2018 Winner's Interview: Moody's Analytics
- BBOD, GMEX Launch Hybrid Cryptocurrency Derivatives Platform