One of the more contentious elements of Mifid II, the restrictions on the use of dark-pool trading waivers, will ultimately lead to more technology innovation and large-in-scale (LIS) or block trading, according to panelists at this year’s TradeTech conference in Paris.
The double-volume cap states that the use of two waivers, the reference price waiver and the negotiated trade waiver, will be subjected to limits — 4% of European trading on any one trading venue and 8% of European trading on al
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Stewart Carmichael, Schroders
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 95: Bitcoin/Blockchain News, BNP's Acquisition, Post-Trade Tech