One of the more contentious elements of Mifid II, the restrictions on the use of dark-pool trading waivers, will ultimately lead to more technology innovation and large-in-scale (LIS) or block trading, according to panelists at this year’s TradeTech conference in Paris.
The double-volume cap states that the use of two waivers, the reference price waiver and the negotiated trade waiver, will be subjected to limits — 4% of European trading on any one trading venue and 8% of European trading on al
Also: Trading Technologies is developing an OMS for the sell side and Orbital Insight is embracing a platform-as-a-service model.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 142: AWS Talks Cloud Adoption in the Capital Markets
- Alt Data’s Ethical Day of Reckoning
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 141: Brexit and Blockchain and Data, Oh My
- Data-Driven Regulators: Handling the Uptick in Regulatory Reporting
- Evolve or Die: Asset Managers Cultivate Data Science Teams