There were three stories published on WatersTechnology.com this month that made me think about the nature of market structure, and whether a single-minded focus on technology can be both a good and a bad thing in equal measure.
In traditional asset classes, not least of all equities, fixed income, foreign exchange (FX), and even derivatives in the futures and options spaces, markets are highly developed in an electronic sense. Central-limit order books (CLOBs), stock exchanges, swap execution
The founder and CEO of Imperative Execution looks at how trade execution is changing and what that means for the buy side.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2019: All the Winners
- Mizuho Finds New Ways to “Activate” its Data Using AI
- Barclays Nearly Finished with First Major Quantum Computing Experiment
- The AI Ethics Dilemma: Banks Find a Fine Line Between New Tech and 'What's Right'
- Banks, Asset Managers Turn to Web Scraping to Generate Alpha