One of the strongest fears in the market is the fear of missing out (FOMO). It powers rallies, drives crashes, fuels bubbles and can make—or break—the career of even the most experienced trader. FOMO has become the acronym of choice to describe bitcoin mania, in which I’ve personally witnessed people I generally regard to be of good sense and character abandon all reason just for the chance of cashing in on its incredible rise in 2017.
That FOMO, of course, is just a short hop away from avarice
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2018: All the Winners
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain