“On the trading side, to say you’re using machine learning is like saying, ‘I’m using tools to build a house’—it’s just a given at this point. This is not something that we’re toying with, playing with, don’t know how to monetize—this has been, for quite some time, very real,” said Hedge, a quantitative trading architect at Societe Generale, who was speaking at this year’s North American Financial Information Summit, held in New York on May 23.
Where the industry is still on the hype cycle, he
Bryan Cross, who heads UBS Asset Management's QED group, joins to discuss alternative data and AI.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Problem Solver: Paul Bari, Nordea
- JP Morgan's FX Algo Tool Launches on Bloomberg Terminal
- Refinitiv Consolidates Data Insights on China's Belt and Road Initiative
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 153: Nasdaq's Lars Ottersgård
- CAT’s Tale: How Thesys, the SROs and the SEC Mishandled the Consolidated Audit Trail