In late June, VanEck, which has 57 US-listed exchange-traded funds (ETFs), applied for the third time to list a bitcoin ETF, its previous two proposals having been shot down by the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). For this iteration, the money manager is partnering with SolidX and the product—the VanEck SolidX Bitcoin Trust, under the ticker XBTC—would trade on Cboe’s BZE exchange.
The company is hoping to succeed where several others have failed by targeting the offering to
Julie Lerner joins to talk about the hemp market and PanXchange's launch of a hemp exchange.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Plato’s Planned Platform Could Serve as Precursor to European Consolidated Tape
- Consolidated Tape Will Not Make Data Cheaper
- Blockchain Could Unlock Value of Real Estate as an Asset Class
- Bloomberg Expands Regulatory Reporting Suite with RegTek Buy
- Real Estate as a Tradeable Asset Class Faces Data Hurdles