Bloomberg last week confirmed its intention to buy Brainpower, a Swiss vendor of data management and analytics tools for the buy side, in a deal valued at around $40 million.
The US data giant, which—unlike its rivals—is known for growing organically rather than through acquisitions, says it will use Brainpower's technology to improve its Bloomberg Pro fessional terminals.
However, the purchase is not part of a play for Bloomberg to expand outside of the real-time data business. Instead, it wi
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp