Business makes strange bedfellows. IBM, which collaborated with Merrill Lynch & Co. on IMNET's attempt to separate Quotron Systems Inc. from its largest customer, is now helping Quotron to bounce back.
Quotron is investigating procedures for the purchase of pallet-load quantities of IBM products, sources say. The products include IBM's version of UNIX, the Advance Interactive Executive (AIX) operating system, and hardware that supports it. Quotron will be authorized to sell the IBM products
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act