Stratus Computer Inc. has extended the lower end of its XA2000 "continuous processing" product line by releasing the Model 30, which offers modular fault-tolerance. Stratus is pitching the system to the securities industry as an online transaction processor for brokerage branch offices and/or main offices with low to medium transactions volumes.
The cheapest elementary Model 30 has a price tag of approximately $37,000, a significant drop from Stratus's previous low price, $77,000 for a strip
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act