Finding new ways to save costs was a central theme at the market data management panel at last week’s Waters 2003 Congress in New York.
David Russell, vice-president of market data services at Wachovia Corp., says he has been able to share responsibility for costs by bringing the business units into the decision-making process. "We let them make the decisions, but it also empowers them with the budget; the budget is now in the businesses, not technology," he says. "We bear responsibility of
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act