Market information piracy in China is a major impediment to the growth of legitimate market data vendors’ business in the country, according to market participants in Asia-Pacific.
"Some Chinese companies [illegally] take data from other vendors and redistribute it to their own clients at a much lower price," says one market source. "This is hitting exchange feeds, international vendors and legitimate local vendors as well."
The issue stems from cultural attitudes toward data, according to the
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act