Offshoring has been gaining momentum over the past year in the market data industry, as vendors look to grow their services, coverage and depth while keeping costs low.
Both Reuters and Thomson Financial plan to have 1,200 to 1,500 people in their respective offshore facilities in Bangalore, India by the end of next year. In fact, Marion Leslie, head of data operations for Reuters in India, says that over half of the company's global data operations will be carried out in Bangalore.
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming