Just as the rules took effect on April 16, China's State Council published the regulations outlining the official Chinese news agency Xinhua's powers to oversee foreign financial information providers' business in China. A few of the issues not clarified in earlier statements by Xinhua officials were settled by the document, but much remains murky.
It now emerges that Xinhua will play a less active role in vendors' businesses than originally feared (Dealing & Investment Systems, Jan. 29). For
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming