We've been waiting for this to happen for some time and now it finally is: Reuters is getting possessive about its RICs. These are the beloved Reuters Instrument Codes that dealers everywhere key in to access their favorite quotes.
Reuters has long regarded these codes as proprietary, as well they are. It has only recently begun taking an Enforcer-type stance to insuring its RICs aren't abused.
To be fair, we were quite surprised recently when the UK's Logicscope announced a joint product with
Should regulators take a more active role when it comes to AI oversight, or leave it to the professionals? What will M&A look like in 2018?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- AFTAs 2017: Best Front-Office Initiative—State Street Global Exchange
- AFTAs 2017: Best Third-Party Technology Vendor CIO or CEO—Neil Barua, IPC Systems
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- AFTAs 2017: All the Winners and Why they Won
- AFTAs 2017: Best Data Management Initiative—Deutsche Bank