Lou Eccleston, head of Thomson Financial’s new Global Banking and Brokerage unit, filled us in last week on the new unit, which was formed by the combination of the Sales & Trading and Investment Banking operations (IMD, Jan. 13).
First, Eccleston says the new 3,000-person unit is not another reorganization: "99.9 percent of the people still report to the same executives they had reported to before the combination."
With the departure of Mark Lerch, who had been president of Investment Bankin
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse