The problem with standards is that there are so many of them.
At our Market Data Forum breakfast meeting in London last week -- co-hosted by CSK Software (thank you, guys) -- representatives of four providers of Internet-delivered market data services called for the adoption of a standard for IP network-based real-time data delivery (see related article, this issue). Each insisted that they, in fact, already had a standard, and all that was needed was for the marketplace to adopt it.
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership