• Market Insider hears that a London-based investment management firm planned to off-load its Reuters terminals in order to fund more Bloomberg screens. Mounting losses reported by Reuters and the subsequent announcement that it was reducing its product line further prompted this decision. But all is not lost for Reuters--rather than drop the terminals, the firm laid off five fund managers. Reuters versus five jobs... should we applaud?
• Speaking of Reuters, Market Insider ruefully notes the
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- Deutsche Bank's Innovation Guru Shares Secrets at Inaugural Innovation Summit