As expected, Dow Jones & Co. has announced staff layoffs in its Telerate division (IMD, May 14). At least 41 employees in the Americas and corporate groups were let go last Thursday. The cuts fall short of the 10-15% level expected by some. Telerate's Americas group had employed about 840 people.
In a letter addressed to the Telerate staff, newly- appointed president Carl Valenti cited "the closure and contraction of major Wall Street customers and continuing deep problems in the U.S. savings
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming