The London Stock Exchange’s information services division is using 2005 to build on four vertical business lines, says CIO David Lester.
In 2003 the exchange decided to focus on four verticals: warehouse services; reference data, including the Sedol identifier service; the desktop marketplace; and its Web site. The overall aim was to diversify beyond its dependence on the vendors that redistribute its data. "There is one linchpin: to get the contracts out from around vendors and to direct use
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit