Most, if not all, market data sales staff at interdealer broker Prebon will find new homes at former rival Tullett, despite a swathe of job cuts by Tullett parent Collins Stewart, which recently bought Prebon.
Sources describe the cuts—some of which were implemented almost immediately following shareholder approval for the takeover—as the "night of the long knives." But they say Mike Kirby, head of data sales at Prebon in New York, will survive the cull, as will some others.
Tullett Takes On
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II