Just when you thought it was safe...
Yes, they're back. The brokers are back out there flogging their data.
Garban is the latest to revisit the opportunities for making money from the price information generated by its manifold brokerage operations (see related story, this issue). Aside from pitching to the usual suspects, Garban is also experimenting with various Internet-based alternatives and is looking at leveraging the wealth of historical data it has collected over the years.
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership