Nothing compares with World Cup soccer madness.
I snuck out last Wednesday lunchtime (don't tell the boss--he thinks I'm busy) to watch the opening game in a bar in New York's fashionable Tribeca district.
There, while watching Scotland lose so unluckily to a rather disappointing Brazil, I endured honking, shouting, writhing and other possibly lewd acts, mostly performed by an excitable crowd of (nondrinking) Brazilians. You could tell the Scots by the pints of beer in front of them (this was,
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming