Hong Kong-based Xinhua Finance, formerly known as Xinhua Financial Network, last week continued its bid to become a major international information provider by announcing plans to acquire US financial information company Mergent.
The deal, which should be completed over the next 60 days for an undisclosed amount structured in stocks and cash, means that the two companies will be able to share content, while Xinhua can use Mergent's database technology for some of its existing services.
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership