We can’t get too excited about the Financial Services Authority’s (FSA) proposal to eliminate soft commission arrangements in the UK (IMD, April 14). The FSA is an independent non-governmental body given statutory powers by the Financial Services and Markets Act in 2000 with a mandate is to maintain confidence in the UK’s financial system, including the protection of consumers and the prosecution and/or fining of those involved in abuses.
In releasing its proposal on April 7, the FSA said, "
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- The Great Fintech Con(version)
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit