January is the darkest month.
With the New Year's revelries over, the industry is settling down to the tasks in hand. A new dawn fades as the business reawakens to the issues that were confronting it before the holidays, before the euro conversion.
Yes, they're still there. Cutthroat competition, commoditization of data, subscription-price spirals, threatening new technologies, talent shortages. Sounds like fun.
But these have all been around for a while. Whispers from our vendor friends point
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II