NEW YORK--Still feeling the after-effects of its Telerate experiment, Dow Jones & Co. posted a fourth-quarter loss of half a million dollars. The loss included post-closing adjustments from the Telerate sale and employee severance charges.
The result, however, compares favourably with Dow Jones' year-earlier performance. For the fourth quarter of 1997, the company posted a net loss of $889.3 million, stemming primarily from a near billion-dollar writedown associated with Telerate. That result
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side Performance Measurement and Attribution Product—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit