Well last week was quite a week. And we thought tracking down rumors of Thomson buying Dow Jones Markets last summer was hard work.
The rumor mill was churning at record speeds last week, as each twist of the sale process made its way to the Market Data Desk here at Waters Central. The week began in earnest with talk about Tom Wendel's "little chat" with Howard Lutnick. At issue: how the two could be friends in the event of a Bridge acquisition. Result: we don't know, but wasn't Tom founder o
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II