NEW YORK--On May 1, the Securities Industry Association (SIA) and the Financial Information Forum (FIF) set the clocks ahead to simulate the flow of market data on January 3, 2000. Although there were no reported problems with systems--transport mechanisms and formats, for example--there were a number of price discrepancies which were unexpected.
Tom Jordan, executive director of the FIF, says that the scripts were executed as planned and the problems that occurred did not appear to be Y2K-re
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming