As we go to press, Citicorp has made a $19/share, $680 million buyout offer for Quotron Systems, Inc. Quotron officials could not be reached for comment. The offer came in a letter from Citicorp chairman John Reed to Quotron chairman Milt Mohr, which indicated Citicorp's plan is to operate Quotron as a separate subsidiary with current management. Citicorp confirmed long-standing rumors that it was the "major corporation" that held merger talks with Quotron late last year.
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act