The deal extends an existing agreement between the vendors for two years, with an option to renew it further, and allows Markit to leverage Thomson Reuters’ larger distribution network. For example, Thomson Reuters will now be able to distribute iMarkit’s intraday CDS data over its Elektron real-time datafeeds, whereas the data was previously limited to being distributed via the vendor’s desktop products.
Markit officials say the deal with Thomson Reuters—along with similar deals with around 150
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Fintech Could Demolish Europe’s Capital Markets Union Barriers