The data being stored is likely to comprise both real-time and historical market data, along with other regulatory information, such as information on individuals who are restricted from trading certain stocks, says Simon Garland, chief technology officer at Kx.
By monitoring real-time data, the FSA can identify suspicious market activity such as anomalous price movements. Garland adds that it is not only important for the regulator to be able to monitor activity in real time, but also to be
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- The Great Fintech Con(version)
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit