Reuters' acquisition of Gissing is part of a broader strategy within the sales and trading division to carry out a "comprehensive technology refresh" across its technology stack and delivery chain, according to Mark Redwood, global head of sales and trading at Reuters.
The growth of OTC instruments traded by more specialized firms, and growth in emerging markets, where it is important to source data from local participants are two factors making contributions technology more important.
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse