Over the past four months, Fortis has migrated two screen-based trading systems and three intraday risk management systems used by a total of around 40 users, says John Riordan, chief information officer at the firm in Chicago.
"We're a clearing firm, not a prop trading firm, so our needs are a bit different," Riordan says. "In the past, our model has been that we have used a consolidated feed and quote distribution software, which required a huge server farm."
Riordan says the firm's previous
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse