The subsidiary, Chi-X Global Technology (Chi-Tech), will be run separately from the core Chi-X equity market platforms in Europe and Canada (and Australia, pending regulatory approval), which will now be customers of the new unit.
Although the parties have not disclosed terms of the deal, the transaction includes the transfer of Cicada's approximately 70 staff worldwide to Chi-Tech, which will be headed by Cicada founder and chief executive Greg Smith.
However, there are no plans to relocate any o
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II