John O'Hara, founder of AMQP and an executive director and distinguished engineer at JPMorgan, says that the protocol was not originally developed for transmitting market data because "one of the cornerstones of AMQP is that it's designed for reliability" rather than low latency, but says that recent performance benchmark tests have shown that it may be scalable enough to handle the rates of data throughput required by modern feed architectures.
A study conducted by Linux software provider Re
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming