The firm had previously sourced London Stock Exchange data via Thomson Reuters' legacy GlobalTopic feed, but began a selection process last year to find an alternative service after being notified that Thomson Reuters planned to phase out the GlobalTopic feed (IMD, June 15). Forkbeard chose Activ based on a range of criteria that included latency, cost, and ease of integration with its Aqtor market making systems—although a Forkbeard official says that "latency was the most critical factor."
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act