Reuters has exceeded its target of 175,000 users for its instant messaging service--a major element in its plan to boost the competitiveness of its products--by signing up 225,000 users by the end of 2002. At the same time, it faces renewed talk that it is planning to lay off a further 1,000 employees when it announces its 2002 results in February.
Launched in October 2002 to compete with Bloomberg’s e-mail service, Reuters Messaging has been taken up by almost 80,000 buy- and sell-side profe
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp