The asset management arm of Brazilian banking group Itaú-Unibanco is testing elementized news products, with a view to implementing services as a risk management tool to stop trading in the event of potentially market-moving news, or to incorporate into trading strategies if the tests demonstrate that the firm can generate alpha from news-based algorithms.
The division focuses on strategies that are less sensitive to news in general, such as high-frequency and statistical arbitrage strategies on
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II