St. Louis, Mo.-based hardware ticker plant vendor Exegy has spun off part of its original business around hardware-accelerated text mining to form Velocidata, a new company led by Exegy founder and former chief technology officer Ron Indeck.
The company aims to offer corporations an appliance that uses field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs) and general-purpose graphics processing units (GPGPUs) to monitor unstructured text data held throughout an entire enterprise.
“We’re productizing intellectu
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse